It’s a fact that no man is perfect, most especially in relationships. We all have our shortcomings and areas where we falter. Yet while some behaviors can be tolerated, guys that have two or more of these traits are toxic and should be avoided.
1. Lies about little things: When someone lies about little things you can be sure they lie about the critical and important things too. It’s one thing to catch a lie, but when it goes on and on and you notice he lies virtually every time, even about things he ought not to lie about, then my dear you have a sociopath in your hands. So run!
2. Disrespects his mum: This is a no brainer. Once you notice this, just put off your shoes and run because if he talks rudely and disrespects his mum, what do you think makes you special than her to avoid the ill treatment?
3. Violent and bad tempered: He gets into a fight more often than he pecks your face and you’re still with him?!! You had better run away from that volcanic man, not only will he keep embarrassing you, you will also be a prey to physical abuse.
4. He only cares about his needs in the bedroom: Physical intimacy and sex is very important in a relationship and every woman wants to be satisfied sexually. Yet there are quite a number of guys that only want to offload their minions into you and sleep off. To a real man, you come first, he wants to get you as aroused as possible before sex, do stuffs you like and try to make sure you reach orgasm or till you’re satisfied.
5. Lacks the chivalry gene. Not all men are the lovey dovey type and the weight of the world over our shoulders sure kills our romantic side sometimes. I might not always open doors for you, or pull out your seat, but I will certainly make an effort to make you happy or feel loved. Yet there are many that don’t make any effort at being prince charming, even if it’s for a minute. You want this and crave for this as a woman, so what are you staying for?
6. Emotionally unavailable: When you find yourself giving it your all and yet receiving peanuts in return, you’re had best have a rethink about the relationship. Some guys are just damaged and are incapable of showing love and feeding your emotional needs. You’ll just realize that all you do is nag and beg for their attention, even when you’re not the needy type.
7. Controlling : Many military men are such sweethearts to their lovers but this guy!!! **huge sighs**. He tells you the right way to pack your hair, how this is not good, how this is better, where to go to and where not to go to, he’s just a puppeteer and wants everything done his way. It’s certainly no longer a relationship if it’s only a single individual’s opinion that is paramount. You had best run, because in the end, you’ll end up changing so many of your unique qualities just for the ass h*le.
8. Doesn’t make sacrifice: The basis of any relationship or love itself is compromising and sacrificing for each other. If your man can’t once in a while skip an outing for you, inconvenience himself for you, or deprive himself of some things once in a while for your sake, he’s definitely not worth keeping.
9. Puts you down: Some women really have tough skin. Personally I’m very sarcastic & I tease a lot but that’s my nature and unless your sense of humor has traveled to Antarctica and frozen to death, you’ll always know I’m joking. But there are guys that constantly make their girl feel bad about everything: what they wear, how much makeup they have on, what they eat, etc. He often belittles her intelligence and questions every idea she has. Even when you have something good going for you, he makes snide comments about them. This guy is toxic and you had best avoid him. Even if he wants to improve you, which should be goals for all relationships, it should be constructive and healthy.
10. Treat people of lower class terribly: This should not only even be a relationship criteria. It should be a criteria for picking people you relate with, either male or female. You’re a terrible person if you’re only kind to individuals of the same socio-economic standing as you or individuals above it. So avoid this type of man unless you’re as messed up as him.